Friday, June 5, 2015

Week 10 Blog

WEEK 10 BLOG

Topic 1
  1. What was the best photo you took this term?  
  2. Why did that photo stand out?
  3. Think about your photo skills at the beginning of the term and now. What has changed in your ability or approach to taking and presenting photos? Give some examples.

 
This is my favorite photo from this term. I heard lots of people in the class talking about this photo and a few people told me how lucky I got with the beautiful sky and clouds. The sky and the clouds in this photo is what completes it, without them I believe it is nothing special. 

I definitely think that my overall photo skills have gotten better mainly because I am shooting more photos and anytime you are shooting photos I believe you are getting better. I know many photographers that say the best and only true practice you can get is just go and shoot more photos. This class has been great for me to be able to go out and shoot photos and then come into a "lab" and work on them and take time to view all of the photos instead of having to do it on my own time.

Topic 2

My three goals for Photo Journalism....

1) Understand what photos are the best to draw a reader in...
2) I know it's not a big part of the class but I want to learn photoshop better. I am good at every other editing system but photoshop, just something I would like to improve.
3) Become more comfortable taking photos without feeling shy. I believe this is key in photography.

I feel like I did a good job on achieving these goals. The biggest thing that I think I learned this term is how to confront people and feel confident while doing it. That's a big part of being a photojournalist and being successful while doing it.

It's been a great term and I have had lots of fun with this class. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment