Friday, April 24, 2015

Week 4 Forum

TOPIC 1

  This week we looked at the National Press Photographers Association Code of Ethics. For me the code of Ethics that stands out the most is #5, it says "While photographing subjects do not intentionally contribute to, alter, or seek to alter or influence events." For me this is huge just cause I know while shooting photos there are many times and opportunities to tell people to do something instead of just shooting what is naturally happening.
     The next thing I looked at was "Ideally, Photojournalist Should:" In this section there is a few that caught my eye but the big one was #4, it states basically never to pick a particular political or business involvement that will jeopardize your journalistic  independence. I think this is huge in anything you're doing just because you never want to choose a side that could hurt you in the future and for example in photojournalism it could make you loose you journalistic independence.
      The most important thing that I read in all of the code of ethics is  #5 in the actual code of ethics part, "While photographing subjects do not intentionally contribute to, alter, or seek to alter or influence events." This is one that happens all the time and I know that it is a very easy one to break. I know for example I have saw something happen that was amazing and I have asked the subject to try to re-create the event and it never turns out as good as the original anyways but it still is non ethical. 

TOPIC 2
Toby did a good job with this photo. I think it turned out very well for a close up and it has great depth of field, also this photo has a good angle.
 http://prescottsphotos.blogspot.com/

Really appreciate the work that Josh has been doing. This particular photo captures the moment and is a great all around photo with a great angle and depth of field.
http://joshuagerig.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment