Monday, May 25, 2015

Week 8 Blog

WEEK 8 BLOG

Topic 1: Throughout the years photojournalism has progressed with tremendous strides. I think the biggest change in photojournalism is now we have digital images. Having access to the image right away is huge for photojournalism. When doing photojournalism you want to have instant access to your work so that you can publish it quick. Also one other thing about having digital cameras is the quality that it offers. With all the progress that digital cameras have made it has amazing how easy photojournalism is now days compared to what is used to be. There are many great photographers throughout the history is photojournalism. My personal favorite photojournalist of all time is JOHN GERALD ZIMMERMAN. Zimmerman was one of the first sports photographer and helped shaped modern sports photojournalism. Zimmerman was born on Oct. 30, 1927 and died Aug. 3, 2002. Zimmerman's most famous photo was this one of Wilt Chamberlain on the cover of Sports Illustrated, Zimmerman went on to shoot 107 SI covers.



Topic 2:  For my photo story I plan on shooting photos of a guy I know who races motocross, How I am going to do the story is by getting there early and shooting photos of him before he gets ready to race, Then I plan on shooting photos of him getting ready to race like him getting dressed in his gear and him praying. Then I will shoot photos of him practicing and then I will shoot photos of him actually racing. After he is done racing I will shoot his taking off his gear and probably his dirty bike. This will be at Albany MX this Wednesday the 27th. I am very excited to see what I can do for this assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment